- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ½ leek*, green and white parts thinly sliced
- 300g (2 cups) frozen peas*
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup milk or non-dairy milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 300g frozen spinach, defrosted*
- ½ head broccoli*, chopped, florets and stalks included
Optional: Salad and sauce or chutney of your choice to serve.
- Lightly grease a large baking dish with oil. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on the stove over high heat, sauté onion and leek and cook for a few minutes until softened. Stir through frozen peas. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat oven to 180oC bake or 160oC fan bake. Beat eggs and milk with salt and pepper in a large bowl, add in cooled leek, peas, spinach, and broccoli, and mix.
- Pour into the greased baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set.
- Once cooked, cut into slices and serve with salad on the side and your favourite sauce, chutney or other condiment.
• You can also cook this quiche with a pastry crust – blind bake the pastry before adding the egg mixture to make sure the pastry is crisp and cooked all the way through.
• Use extra onion instead of the leek if you like.
• You can replace frozen spinach with frozen corn.
• Add minimal added salt.
• Can be frozen or eaten for lunch the next day.