Pork chops with feijoa sauce
Feijoas are really versatile and can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. This NZ grown fruit is in season from April to June - So give this delicious recipe a try and make the most of feijoa season.
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup peeled, mashed ripe feijoas
- 2 pork chops
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Melt butter in fry pan, add pork chops and brown all over until cooked through.
- Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- Add flour to pan drippings and cook for 2 minutes.
- While stirring, add chicken stock gradually to form a smooth sauce. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add mashed feijoas, mustard, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour over chops and serve.