Mediterranean couscous with calamari
Battered squid rings are delicious and super easy to make! Alternatively, you can coat them with seasoned flour and pan-fry to your liking.
View the method
- 300g Pams Finest Mediterranean Couscous
- 1 tablespoon Pams Pure Olive Oil
- 250g Pams Frozen Squid Rings, thawed
- ½ cup Pams Pure Plain Flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 cup Pams Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup beer or soda water
- 1 cup Pams Rice Bran Oil
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1-2 lemons, quartered
- ¼ cup Pams Garlic Aioli
Back to ingredients
- Place the couscous in a large bowl, add the olive oil and pour over the boiling water. Mix well and then cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Dust the squid rings with the seasoned flour.
- Combine the self-raising flour and beer together in a bowl. Season with salt.
- At the same time heat the rice bran oil in a deep saucepan over a medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is sizzling hot, dip the calamari into the batter and quickly cook in batches until golden. Drain on paper towels once cooked.
- Arrange the couscous on large platter and top with calamari. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges and aioli.
- Serve at once.