Decadent baked Brie topped with honey fruit and nuts
This rich and decadent dish will surely impress your guests. Honey and fruit bring out the best in our Mainland Special Reserve Double Cream Brie. A bulging, warm wheel of cheese studded with nuts and dried berries make this the perfect dish for plunging hearty oat crackers into.
- 1 wheel of Mainland Special Reserve Double Cream Brie
- ½ cup mixed dried fruits
- ¼ cup mixed nuts (almonds, pecans and hazelnuts are ideal here)
- ½ cup clear honey
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 star anise
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a shallow tray with baking paper.
- Simmer together honey, thyme, star anise and cinnamon stick for about 5 minutes or until syrupy.
- Place Brie on the tray and top with an arrangement of dried fruit and nuts. Pour half the honey toffee over the brie and bake for 3-4 minutes or until soft and bulging.
- Place on a serving plate and drizzle with remaining hot syrup. Serve with crackers and seasonal fruits.