- 2 cups frozen peas, defrosted & drained
- 2 cups leafy greens, rocket and/or baby spinach
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (or ½ tsp minced garlic)
- ½ chilli, seeds removed & finely chopped
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- Tbsp lime or lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
1. Defrost peas by pouring boiling water over them and leaving for several minutes. Drain.
2. Combine peas, along with the leafy greens, onion, garlic and chilli in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
3. Add crème fraiche and blitz until well combined.
4. Transfer to a bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Adjust seasonings to taste.
5. Serve on toast or on a platter with carrot sticks and crunchy bread snacks.
Make your own crunchy bread snacks by cutting stale tortillas, wraps, chapatti into even-sized chunks. Heat oven to 180 degrees, sprinkle breads with oil and bake for 3-4 minutes on each side – watching closely so they don’t burn.