Desra mussel chowder
"In the middle of winter when it's cold outside and we have a fire going I love to do this delicious, quick and easy chowder. We have with freshly baked bread and mulled wine. Heavenly. My husband used to sell mussel chowder and this recipe has been fine tuned from his original recipe."
- 30g butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 220g tin of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Salt and pepper
- 200g cooked mussels cut into small pieces
- 3 potatoes cooked and mashed with butter, milk and pepper
- 1 tin of reduced cream (284g)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- Melt butter, saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Remove from heat and add tin of mushrooms, wine and water a little at a time until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper, mussels, potato and tin of reduced cream.
- Bring to the boil and simmer 5 minutes stirring often. S
- Stir in parsley leaving a little to sprinkle on top.