Soul food soup
"This soup is simple, tasty and economical. I call it my 'soul food' and love to make it when my husband goes away as it is quick and easy yet still nutritious. It can be made in any proportion size. It is a great way to use up left over vegetables. Best of all it tastes even better the next day."
- 1 cup of any pasta shape you like
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cube of Vegeta organic vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- ½ cup frozen peas or whatever frozen vegetables you have in the freezer
- Parmesan to sprinkle over the top (optional)
- black pepper and chilli flakes to decorate
- Bring water, stock cube and olive oil to the boil.
- Add pasta and allow to boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, dice the carrot into very small pieces.
- Add the carrot and frozen vegetables and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the finely sliced coriander, including the roots, then turn the element off.
- Pour into soup bowls and grate over Parmesan cheese (if desired), then sprinkle with black pepper and chilli flakes. Enjoy.
If you have a small amount of celery in the fridge I will often add this as it doesn't seem to alter the taste of the soup too much, but adds more fibre, colour and texture