Honey mustard chicken and pasta salad
This is a great salad to rustle up when you have some leftover cooked chicken. The sweet flavour of Honey Mustard is perfect in pasta salads. We love to serve it piled on a bed of rocket, with cucumber, cherry tomatoes and avocado layered on top.
- 1½ cups orecchiette or other pasta shape
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (½ cooked chicken)
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 250ml bottle Eta Lite & Free Honey Mustard Dressing
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into half rounds
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup toasted almonds
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds (optional)
- Cook the pasta in lightly salted rapidly boiling water following the directions on the pack until al dente (cooked but firm to the bite). Drain. Rinse in cold water and drain thoroughly. Put into a large bowl.
- Add chicken and red onion. Add about ½ cup Eta Lite & Free Honey Mustard Dressing and carefully toss together.
- Place a bed of rocket onto a serving platter and pile the chicken and pasta mixture onto the leaves. Add the cucumber, cherry tomatoes and avocado. Add another ¼ cup Eta Lite & Free Honey Mustard Dressing. Toss gently.
- Top with the toasted almonds and chia seeds if using.