Pasta is the ultimate comfort food, and this cannelloni recipe is bursting with flavour.
- 2 large eggplants, cut lengthways into 1cm slices
- 40 g Anchor Butter, melted
- 200 g thinly sliced prosciutto, cut in thirds (optional)
- 500 g Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
- 125 g Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan, grated (Pizza Plus)
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 35 g pack of frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Italian tomato cooking sauce
- 250g pack Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Pizza
- Crisp salad and crusty bread to serve
- Brush eggplant with butter and cook under a hot grill or on a grill plate until golden and cooked.
- Combine Spinach, Ricotta, Parmesan, parsley, egg and seasonings. Top each eggplant slice with prosciutto. Place tablespoonfuls of cheese mixture along the narrow edge of the prosciutto and roll up to resemble cannelloni.
- Place rolls in a buttered 25cm x 30cm baking dish. Pour tomato sauce over eggplant rolls and sprinkle with Pizza Plus.
- Bake at 180°C for 45-50 minutes or until cooked and golden.
Serve with crisp salad and crusty bread.