Milo seed and nut bars
Chock full of nutritious nuts and seeds, this snack bar is great for school lunches and active days outdoors!
- ¾ cup (90g) MILO® Powder
- 1 cup (90g) UNCLE TOBYS® Rolled Oats
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (150g) unsalted cashew nut pieces
- 1 cup (150g) sunflower seeds
- ½ cup (75g) sesame seeds
- ½ cup (75g) pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup (180g) liquid honey
- ¼ cup (60g) raw sugar
- 125 g margarine
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Lightly spray a 27cm x 18cm baking pan. Combine coconut, rolled oats, nuts, seeds and MILO® in a large bowl.
- Place honey, raw sugar and margarine in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add to dry ingredients, mix well.
- Press the mixture evenly into the baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until the top is golden brown. Cool and cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.