Squeaky cheese is the hallmark of this artisan dish.
View the method
- 100g of sundried tomatoes
- 100g of olives from the service deli
- 1 pack of halloumi cheese
- 1 red onion
- 1 lemon
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 pack salad leaves
- 4 tbsp oil from the pottle of sundried tomatoes
Back to ingredients
- Finely chop the sundried tomatoes and set aside. Retain the oil from the sundried tomatoes; this will be used for the dressing. Squeeze the lemon and finely chop the garlic. Cut the onions into thin wedges. Slice the halloumi.
- Mix the 4 tbsp of oil from the tomatoes with the lemon juice to make the dressing.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of the dressing over the onion wedges. Add the sundried tomatoes, olives and chopped garlic to the remaining dressing, gently mix and set aside.
- In a fry pan cook the onions until lightly browned then remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the sundried tomato and olive mix into the pan and heat through.
- Lightly brush a griddle pan with oil and bring to a high heat. Briefly sear the halloumi on both sides, this will give a stripy effect.
- Arrange the salad leaves and warm halloumi onto a plate alongside the sundried tomato mix and the sweet red onion pieces.
- Serve immediately.