Warm mushroom and green bean salad
A light and tasty salad that's great on its own or as a nutritious side.
- 250g Button mushrooms, sliced
- 250 – 300g fresh green beans
- 1 red onion sliced
- Pams salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 Tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 Tbps Pams olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- Blanch green beans in salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes until bright green.
- Then drain beans and run them under cold water.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan then add red onion and fry until slightly caramelised.
- Add mushrooms and cook a further 3-5 minutes to soften. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a seperate bowl combine vinegar, orange juice, orange rind and almonds.
- Toss green beans, mushrooms, onions and dressing created in step 5 together and serve.
Wine suggestion: Sauvignon Blanc