- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400g can Mexican bean mix
- 400g can crushed Mexican-flavoured tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 800g medium firm fish fillets (such as hoki), cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 large tortillas
- 150g mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- 1 very large (or 2 medium) ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Add the olive oil to a medium frying pan and heat over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Add the bean mix and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the beans just start to break down. Remove from the heat and set aside
- Heat another frying pan over medium heat, and add the butter, lemon zest and paprika. Fry the fish pieces for 2-3 minutes each side, or until the flesh is opaque and covered in the butter. Remove from the heat, cover, set aside and keep warm.
- To make the guacamole, place the avocado flesh and lime juice in a bowl. Season with pepper and mash with a fork.
- Lightly grease 2 small heat-proof dishes. Line each with a tortilla. Divide the bean mix and the mozzarella cheese between the tortillas. Place in the oven and cook for 6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crisp.
- Top with the fish and guacamole then serve immediately.