Poppa's kiwi curried sausages
"This is a Kiwi take on a curry with all the ingredients that are simple, delicious and cheap. The grand children love the meal. I take the NZ banger and put a Kiwi twist on a curry recipe."
- 2 tsp Sunflower oil
- 1 Large onion diced roughly
- 2 Cloves of Garlic roughly chopped
- 6 - 8 Precooked sausages
- 1 tsp of Chicken Maggi stock
- 1 tsp Greggs curry powder
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- 1 apple roughly diced
- 2 tsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 2-3 carrots sliced
- Salt to taste
- Cornflour if required for thickening.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add onion, garlic, curry powder, Chilli paste.
- Lightly brown and sweat down the mix for 2 minutes.
- Add sliced sausages and brown.
- Cover the contents with water and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chichen stock, apple, tomato sauce, soya sauce, Lea & Perrin sauce, Brown sugar and sliced carrot and simmer for 1 hour with lid on saucepan. Adjustsalt to taste. Can thicken with a little cornflour in cold water if curry is thin. ( Not usually required).
- Can prepare eariler in the day and set aside for the evening meal or use straightaway with cooked rice. Reheat curry if using later for evening meal.
- For the meal boil a saucepan of water with large tspn salt. Add the cup of rice and cook until soft but not sticky.
- Drain the rice once cooked and serve with curry mixture.