Slow cooker pulled pork buns
This is a tasty and easy dish for feeding the masses, perfect to bring along to that winter potluck! Tip: if you are wanting to make fewer servings, simply freeze portions of the pulled pork in resealable plastic bags to use another time.
- Slow Cooker
- 2kg pork shoulder (bone in)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup Pams Smokey BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup Pams Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Pams Diced Onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 500g bag Pams Superfoods Super Slaw
- 3/4 cup Pams Garlic Aioli
- 12 Pams Finest Brioche Burger Buns, halved and warmed prior to serving
- Place the pork skin side up in a slow cooker. Pour over the apple juice, barbecue sauce and chicken stock.
- Next add the onion, garlic, smoked paprika, fennel seed and oregano.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours until the meat is falling off the bone.
- Turn the slow cooker off and remove the meat from the liquid, set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove the skin and bone and using two forks, flake the meat into fine pieces.
- Pour the liquid into a shallow saucepan, skim excess fat off the top and then simmer until the liquid is reduced to a sauce like consistency. You will want about 1 ½ cups of sauce.
- Place the pork in a bowl, pour over the sauce and mix well. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour the slaw into a serving bowl, spoon over the aioli and mix well. Cover the base of brioche buns with slaw, top with pulled pork and then the bun lid.