- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 250g chicken thigh or breast, diced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced, plus extra to serve
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass paste,
- or 2 lemongrass sticks
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 thin noodle nests (approximately 250g)
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 1 bunch bok choy, sliced
- Coriander, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced chicken, onion, garlic, chilli, ginger and lemongrass to the pan and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken is golden on all sides.
- Add the stock, reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and tender.
- Add the noodle nests and cook as per packet directions. Add the carrots and bok choy for the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
If you’re worried that your noodles might soak up too much of the soup, cook them separately, then add to the serving bowl and ladle over the soup.
To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with the coriander and extra sliced chilli.