Go-To Vegan cauliflower fried rice
Easy? Tick. Healthy? Fast? Tick. The vitamin and mineral-rich vegetables in this tasty dish will help to keep winter colds at bay, while superfood tofu is a great addition, being low in calories, high in iron, protein and calcium, and cholesterol and gluten-free.
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 800g total), cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 300g firm tofu, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen or fresh green beans, trimmed
- 200g broccolini, sliced
- ¼ cup tamari sauce, plus extra to serve
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Mint leaves, to serve
- Bean sprouts, to serve
- Place half the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Heat a wok over a medium heat. Add the sesame oil and cook the tofu for 2 minutes each side. Remove from the wok and keep warm. Add the onion, garlic, peas, beans, and broccolini to the wok and fry quickly for about 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Remove from the wok, set aside and keep warm.
- Increase the heat to high. Add the cauliflower ‘rice’ to the wok, along with the tamari sauce and curry powder. Quickly fry, mixing in the flavourings. Cover and cook for approximately 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside. Remove from heat to serve.