What is Zoom Trolley?
Zoom Trolley is New World’s smart trolley technology solution where you can scan and check out grocery items using the Zoom Trolley app. We’ve developed this innovative shopping experience to help you shop more efficiently and manage your grocery budget with ease.
Look out for the special trolleys in store* with a built-in tablet. You’ll need to be a Clubcard member and have the New World app on your mobile phone.
Download the New World app free at Apple or Google play store
How do I use Zoom Trolley?
Step 1: Register
1. You must be a New World Clubcard member to use Zoom Trolley. Not a member? Join here.
3. Set your store preference to "Papakura" under Account > Personal Details > Local New World.
(Optional) Create a New World online shopping account and shopping lists to use with Zoom Trolley.
Step 2: Collect
1. On arrival grab a Zoom Trolley which you’ll recognise by their red mount.
2. Head to customer service desk to collect the Zoom device or speak to our friendly concierge.
3. Pop your own bags into the trolley and read the "help" section before starting your shop.
Step 3: Connect
1. Connect to Zoom Trolley using your New World app by tapping on “Connect to Zoom Trolley”.
2. At the same time tap on “Start Shopping” on the Zoom device and scan the QR code.
3. You could put your phone away until you are ready to check out.
Step 4: Scan & shop
1. You'll see your own Online Shopping shopping list or the handy starter shopping list on the screen.
2. Start shopping by scanning or adding your first item and pop them into your bags.
3. For fruit and veg sold by weight, like loose apples, you need to weigh them at one of our conveniently located scales.
Step 5: Pay & exit
1. When you're ready to pay, head to a lane and get your smartphone ready.
2. On the Zoom screen device, tap on “Checkout” and follow the prompts to receive a barcode on your smartphone.
3. When prompted by the cashier, scan the barcode.
4. The checkout operator will help you process your shop in a jiffy.
Zoom Trolley FAQs
Can anyone just walk in and use Zoom Trolley?
As long as you are an existing Clubcard member, have the latest New World App downloaded, are logged in and have set your preferred store to a New World store that has the Zoom Trolley service you’re shopping at, you will be able to.
How do I set my store preference in the New World App?
After opening the New World App, select “Account” on the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen and click on “Preferences” and change it to a store of your choice.
How do I register?
It’s easy - head to the following links to download the tools you'll need to use the Zoom Trolley. You’ll need an email address, smartphone, address, and telephone number plus it’s free to sign up.
What if I do not have a smartphone? Will the store have one I can use?
The Store is not in a position to provide smartphones and a personal smartphone is required to use Zoom Trolley.
What if I do not have an email address?
It is not possible to register for a Clubcard or login to the New World App, which are both required to use Zoom Trolley, without an email address.
Can I use my own shopping list?
Yes, your shopping list(s) from your online shopping account will be shown on screen after connecting to Zoom Trolley. You then can choose which you wish to use. If you don't have a list on your New World Online Shopping account a default shopping list is provided, containing a list of common items, to get you started.
Can we pay at the self-checkout using the Zoom Trolley?
We encourage you to use the designated exit lane(s) when paying with Mobile Pay or at a manned lane when paying with gift cards, vouchers or eftpos.
Who can I call for assistance if no one is available to help in-store?
If no-one is available in store to assist you, please feel free to contact our friendly folks at the Customer Service Centre on 0800 463 996, for any New World related queries.
I like to bring my kids shopping, will there be trolley options with seating for the kids?
Depending on the age of your children we encourage you to bring them along, however, the trolley seat will not be available for use with Zoom Trolley. This is for hygiene and safety reasons.