- 300g pork, chopped into bite size
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp water
Sweet & sour sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 5 tbsp water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 3 cups oil for deep frying
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 onion, cut into medium size pieces
- 1 capsicum, cut into cubes
- 1 pineapple can, chunks
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- Marinate the pork with soy sauce and salt then add corn starch and water. Cover and leave it to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix tomato sauce, white vinegar and sugar together until well combined. Add water then mix well. Set aside.
- Mix the marinated pork with egg then coat each piece with corn starch.
- Pour oil into a pot or wok and heat to 180°C. Add the pork and deep fry until the pork is lightly golden or about 80% cooked. Remove pork from the wok.
- Turn the stove up slightly and heat oil to 200°C. Add pork back in and cook for another 2 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove pork and set aside.
- In another wok, heat oil over a medium heat. Stir in the garlic, onion, and capsicum then season with salt and sugar. Cook until softened. Add pineapple chunks with juice and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add sauce into the wok and cook until bubbling. Stir in cooked pork until well combined.
- Serve with cooked white rice.