Easy egg fried rice
Fried rice is a family favourite, and this homemade version is quick and nutritious! Eggs, rice and frozen vegetables are pantry staples that can be found in most Kiwi homes, and this recipe brings them together in comforting harmony.
View the method
- 1 Tbsp rice bran or vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (400g) cooked rice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ cup frozen vegetables of your choice
- 15g butter
- Finely sliced spring onion, if desired
TIP: If you want to add extra protein such as tofu or chicken, add this after the rice has been stir fried.
Back to ingredients
- Bring a wok or large pan to a high heat with the oil. Once heated, add the rice and garlic, then stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Push the rice to the side of the pan, and pour the beaten egg into the empty side. Stir to scramble, then stir through the rice.
- Pour the soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil into the rice. Stir to combine, then fold through the frozen vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the butter and stir until melted, then serve immediately. Garnish with sliced spring onion if desired.