Vegetarian loaded nachos
Nacho average dinner! We guarantee this simple weeknight meal will have kids at the table before you can even say "dinner's ready!"
View the method
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp Mexican seasoning
- 2 cans mixed beans, drained
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 4 cups corn chips
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- ½ cup fresh coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos
- ½ cup sour cream
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. In a pan, saute ½ the diced red onion and minced garlic with a drizzle of olive oil. After 2-3 minutes, add the capsicum and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the Mexican seasoning, beans and tomatoes, breaking the tomatoes up with a spoon. Season to taste, and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Spread the corn chips on a lined baking tray. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden and crisp.
- In a bowl, make the salsa by lightly stirring together the remaining red onion, avocado, tomato, coriander and lime juice. Season to taste.
- To assemble the nachos, spread the bean mixture over the corn chips. Top with the salsa and garnish with jalapenos and sour cream. Serve immediately.