The Student Volunteer Army grocery service is available nationwide to those in self-isolation or who have no other way to access food.
The SVA Grocery Delivery Service is for those aged 65+, anyone who may be medically vulnerable, essential workers (and their whānau) and anyone that requires support due to their personal circumstances, such as single parents. Choose from a list of grocery essentials to fill your pantry and a friendly SVA volunteer will fulfil your shop at your local New World and deliver your groceries to your door – all completely contactless.
This service, which is in partnership with New World, is available across New Zealand.
What the service offers:
Or place your order with the SVA over the phone 0800 005 902
How it works
You select your groceries and pay with your credit card.
The SVA will collect your groceries from a participating New World store.
Your groceries will be delivered contactlessly to your door.
Ordering and delivery fees
- The maximum order value is $150.
- This service is available nationwide.
- There is a standard $15 delivery fee or $3 delivery fee for Community Service Card holders and $9 for Super Gold Card holders.
- Customers can also choose a $25 delivery fee if they wish to make a $10 donation (non-tax deductable) to SVA ($15 delivery + $10 donation)
- Deliveries will take place within 48 hours but typically happen the following day if received by 4pm. In the rare case where we cannot find a volunteer to deliver within the timeframe, we will call and cancel the order and refer you to Ministry of Social Development or Civil Defence.
- The service is only available via New World supermarkets.
- Payment is via credit or debit card.