We're giving away over $70,000 worth of groceries across New Zealand to help make a lot of whānau's Christmas' a little bit easier.
If you know someone who's had a hard year, or could do with a little extra help, nominate them to receive a $250 Gift Card to spend at New World, there are two Gift Cards per store to giveaway.
Simply fill in the form below their details and yours, and we’ll take care of the rest. Entries close Sunday 6 December 2020 and we will select the recipients by Sunday 20 December.
Read New World Secret Santa competition terms and conditions
1. Entry into this promotion or acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these and any other applicable terms and conditions. This competition may have additional terms and conditions and wherever possible the additional terms and conditions will be posted at newworld.co.nz.
2. Foodstuffs reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
3. The Promoter is Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited (Foodstuffs).
Promotion Period and how to enter
4. The promotion commences on 23/11/2020 and runs until midnight on 6/12/2020 (Promotion Period).
5. The entrant must enter the required details of a nominated person during the Promotion Period at newworld.co.nz/christmas/secret-santa.
Eligibility to win a prize
6. The nominated person must be 18 years of age or older. If a winner is under 18 years of age, at Foodstuffs’ sole discretion, their prize may be deferred to a parent or legal guardian who is 18 years of age or older, who may be asked to sign an acknowledgement of their agreement to these Terms and Conditions, or, the prize may be awarded to another winner.
7. The winner must consent to Foodstuffs using the winners name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the promotion on request for no additional compensation.
8. Each winner will receive a $250 New World Gift Card which can be used at any New World store nationwide. There are 142 prizes to be won in total. The total prize pool is valued at $71,000.
9. New World Gift Card terms and conditions apply. See newworld.co.nz/shop/gift-cards for full terms.
10. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or negotiable and are not redeemable for cash.
Selecting and notifying winners
11. The winners will be selected by Foodstuffs or its agent from 14/12/2020. Foodstuffs will contact the winners selected via the email address and phone number provided by the entrant within 5 working days of the draw. If a winner does not respond within 48 hours of the draw occurring the winner will forfeit the prize and another prize winner may be selected at Foodstuffs discretion on the same terms as the original draw.
12. Foodstuffs decision is final and not subject to appeal.
13. Foodstuffs is not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted following the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details being provided.
If prize becomes unavailable
14. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs is not responsible or liable for any loss suffered by any entrant in the event that a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond its control. In this event, Foodstuffs may substitute a prize of its choice.
Verifying compliance with these terms
15. Foodstuffs reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant or winner (including identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
16. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs, any New World store, their respective employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this promotion or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
17. All entries remain the property of Foodstuffs. All personal information will be collected and stored by Foodstuffs in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to access your personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993.
18. Any questions regarding this competition or promotion contact Foodstuffs Marketing Department, Foodstuffs North Island Limited, PO Box 27480, Mount Roskill, Auckland 1440 or visit newworld.co.nz/contact-us